Here is our latest Sunday Night Church Bible study. You can talk about the questions at home then watch our discussion via the video below.
What do these words and phrases mean? – Can you give examples of each?
- Emotional intelligence
A look at the Text
What does the Text say?
- What qualities does Jesus have as our High Priest? (4:14-16)
- How are we to respond to him? (4:14 -16)
- What limitations did human High Priests have? Were there any benefits to this? (5:1-4)
- How does Jesus receive the position of High Priest (5:5-6)
- What has Jesus done as High Priest and what has been the result? (5:7-10)
What does the Text mean?
- Have a look at verse 7. What incident(s) do you think this is referring to?
- What do we make of the statement that Jesus “learnt obedience” (5:8)
A Look at ourselves
How does Jesus’ obedience challenge you?
How does Jesus’ obedience and his status as High Priest encourage you?