Here are the study questions for Sunday Night Church (17-05-2020). You can also watch the #afternoontea discussion we had on facebook which I’ve linked to at the bottom of the study Feel free to add your answers to the questions -and your own questions in the comments which we will leave open for this.
- What are the three most important things that you want others to know about you?
- What is your full name?
- What is the name you like to be known by?
- Do you have a nickname?
- What title and pronouns do you prefer?
- How do you feel when people forget the things that matter to you and/or don’t address you as you would like?
A Look at the Text
What does it say?
- What is the context (v1-4)
- What does God say about the Son (list the different things he says about the Son and not about angels)
- How are Angels Described?
What does it mean?
- What is the purpose of this passage (think about the context)
- How exactly is Jesus being identified? (see especially v5 and v 8)
A Look at ourselves -applying the text
- Does it really matter whether or not we believe that Jesus is truly God?
- How would you explain this to a Jehovah’s Witness?