Once again you are invited to our Faithroots Live day. The aim is to provide some more in depth teaching and training for those who would appreciate it but for various reasons might not be able to access traditional theological education. All are welcome and it’s free of charge.
Join us at 9am for devotions. We use Morning Prayer and have a look at Matthew’s Gospel together. This week we are looking at Matthew 13 and the Parable of the Sower.
At 2pm join us for Grace in the City, our series on Romans. Today’s topic is “Revealed … Supressed” (Romans 1:16-32)
You can prepare by watching the previous videos
And here are some study questions to get you thinking
- What qualities do you look for in a friend?
- What makes someone “good”?
- Would you describe yourself as a good person?
A Look at the Bible
- Why is Paul not ashamed? (v 16)
- Paul identifies several things that are revealed about God, his creation and his relationship to us. Can you list them? (look out for words including “shown” “tell” “seen”
- How do humans respond to God’s revelation? (21-23)
How does Paul describe God’s judgement upon humanity? (v24 -32)
Digging a Little Deeper
Based on this passage, how would you define sin?
A look at ourselves
- Paul says that we have no excuse for rejecting him/failing to love, trust and obey him. Do you think that’s fair?
Our final session of the day is “How did we get here (part 4)” at 8pm for The Doctrine of Creation