- For Starters
- How do you react if/when people mock you/are mean to you?
- A Look at the Text
- Read v 32-44. Can you identify 5 different types of person in this section and how they each respond to Jesus?
- What happens when Jesus cries out/shouts (v45-56)
- How is Jesus buried? (v57-61)
- What do the priests and Pharisees do on the Sabbath? (v62-66)
Bonus question – a mini dig deeper if you like. Any ironies, contrasts or echoes from elsewhere in Scripture in v62-66?
Digging a little deeper
- What is going in in v50-53
- What is the significance of the sign over Jesus’ head?
- Why does Jesus quote Psalm …
- A Look at ourselves
- What is a right and fitting response to what Jesus did at Calvary? How is this reflected in my/our
- The Songs we sing?
- relationship to work colleagues?
- How I respond to abuse and mockery?